Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Casserole

This has been a Hopkins family favorite since I was a kid. I will apologize in advance because this recipe does not have exact measurements. You just kind of mix it up to make the size of casserole you want it to be and to make it to your liking. This is my Dad's very favorite dish!

You will need:

broccoli (Sm head to Lg head just depends on how much you want there to be)
instant white rice (I usually use 4 to 6 servings)
cream of mushroom soup (start with 1 can but you may need more than that)
jar of cheese sauce (I usually buy a Lg one to make sure I have enough)

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare the rice as you normally would.

2. Cut the broccoli into little pieces and either steam it or boil it until tender.

3. In Lg bowl mix: the rice, broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, and cheese sauce. You add enough of the soup and cheese until it is as creamy and cheesy as you like it. You want it to be kind of creamy from the soup, this helps it to not go dry when you heat it up.

4. Cook for 30 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment