Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

OK, so I finally am going to start working on pictures for my food blog.  I also know that it is about time!  So here is my first official post with a picture.  Keep in mind that I am not used to taking pictures of food so this is still a work in progress.  This is the best I could do for this time around.

The recipe I have for you today, is a quick and easy one.  Apparently I am on a soup kick lately;0)  I do love a good soup, especially when it starts to cool off. 
 So here is a quick broccoli cheese soup for you.  Enjoy!




What You Will Need:
1 small head of broccoli
half onion, chopped
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups of milk
3 T. flour
1 can evaporated milk
4 chicken bouillon cubes
2-3 cups of shredded cheese

Put the onion and broccoli in your soup pot along with enough water to boil them in.  Add the bouillon cubes.  Cook until the broccoli is tender.  Gradually stir in the flour, while constantly stirring, until well blended(I like to dissolve the flour in a little bit of warm before adding it to the pot of soup)  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Add the can of evaporated milk, then the cream of mushroom soup, and then the milk. 
Stir until well blended.  Add the cheese until well blended. Like any other cream based soup,
 you want to heat it up slowly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment