Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Apple Snicker Salad

This sounds like a strange combination, and well, quite frankly it is.  It is so YUMMY though!  I made this once for my hubby's family and they almost always request that I make it when we get together and I am in charge of the salad.  So enjoy, because you will be going back for 2nd's!


What You Will Need:

1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits in juice
2 medium red apples
2 medium green apples
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup frozen whipped topping
Snickers

1.  Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice.  Place cream cheese in a large bowl.  Gradually whisk in the pineapple juice until smooth.  Fold in the whipped topping until well blended.

2.  Cut Snickers into bite size pieces.  Add the pineapple and Snickers into the cream cheese mixture.  Dice the apples and add them into the cream cheese mixture.  Quickly blend salad together.

3.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

* This is better when made a little bit ahead and has had time to chill in the fridge.  I also always add the apples last so they do not turn brown.
*  I always double the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment