Monday, May 30, 2011

Greek Lamb (or Pork) Chops

I love trying new recipes and when I came across this one, it sounded good, except for one thing.  It was for lamb chops.  I do not like lamb, but I thought I would try it with pork and it was yummy!  I really loved the sauce that goes with it.  This one I got from a Betty Crocker Cookbook. 

What You Will Need:
4 lamb shoulder, arm or loin chops abut 1/2 inch thick (or pork chops)
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup sliced, olives
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese

1.  Sprinkle both sides of meat with oregano, salt, and pepper.  Press garlic into meat.

2.  In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Cook meat in oil 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until brown.

3.  Add broth to skillet; reduce heat to medium-low.  Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until the meat is tender.  Remove lamb from skillet; keep warm.

4.  Heat broth in skillet to boiling.  Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly reduced.  Stir in lemon juice and butter.  Cook and stir just until slightly thickened.  Stir in olives and parsley.  Spoon sauce over meat, and top with cheese.

I honestly really love this one, though like I said before I have only done it with pork.  I also really enjoy sauce so I like to double the sauce just to have a little extra.  I have also not been able to use the feta cheese (since I am pregnant).  I have just used Parmesan cheese in the past, which was also yummy, so try that if you aren't a fan of feta cheese.  Hope you enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment