Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fruit Topped Almond Cream

On my first date with my hubby Ryan, he took me to Ruth Chris Steak House. The whole meal was delicious and for dessert we shared berries and cream. It was yummy and has been one of my favorites ever since. I recently came across this recipe and was so excited to make it for Ryan, hoping to bring back memories from our first date. It turned out to be delicious, but Ryan didn't even remember eating that on our first date. Shocker I know;0) This is a quick and easy recipe and you can use just about any kind of fruit to go along with it.


What you will need:
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French Vanilla pudding mix
2-1/2 cups cold milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups assorted fruit (strawberries, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges. I personally like to stick to berries so I use blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc)

1. In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes and set aside.

2. In a small bowl, beat cream and extract until stiff peaks form. Fold into pudding. Spoon into shallow serving dish. Chill. Top with fruit just before serving.

Yield: 8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment