Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cookie Pizza a la Mode

I made this for dessert on Sunday for a family dinner with my hubby's family. It was pretty good. My husband loves cake, pies, cookies, etc. and I don't. I do LOVE ice-cream though, and guess what, that's right, my hubby does not! I thought we would give this one a try since it was a good compromise for both of us. Sometimes my oven cooks things funny so our cookie got a little over done (so I would watch it close while cooking), but other than that everyone really seemed to enjoy it.




What You Need:
1 tube (16-1/2 ounce) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
Chocolate syrup
Vanilla ice cream
Maraschino cherries
Whip cream

1. Press the cookie dough onto an ungreased 12 in pizza pan. Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.

2. Drizzle chocolate syrup onto dessert plates. Top with warm cookie wedge, scoop (or two) of ice-cream, and additional chocolate syrup on top of ice-cream. Garnish with whip cream and cherry.

*You can prepare and cool the wedges ahead of time and place in a resealable storage bag or airtight container. Warm wedges for a few seconds on microwave before assembling individual desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment